Monday, October 31, 2011

ScumFlash: Bain or "What not to do in a Helicopter"

Some of you asked me "what is up with Bain" over the past couple of weeks. Untill now I kinda ignored the question, because it was something I figured should be told in Bain's own words.

Well... here they are! Bain's Own Words:



Three crushed vertabrea in neck, broken nose, separated shoulder, broken collar bone, broken right wrist and forearm, 7 broken ribs, punctured lung, shatterd pelvis torn right knee ACL, sprain right ankle, concussed into 4 day coma, right ear almost torn off and sevral cuts scrapes and bruises.

I am recovering slowly, but I lost about 2 weeks of memories, when I first woke up, I didn't know I had a daughter and up until about 2 weeks ago I thought both my legs were broken, turns out its just the pelvis.

I've been told, a co-worker, a pilot and myself were scouting a new lease when a gust of wind blew the chopper into a stand of trees, the tail rotor sheared off and we spun into the side of the mountain, then rolled about 250 meters to the bottom of a ravine. The other two guys were sitting up front, buckled in. For some reason i was in back not wearing a seat belt. the other two walked away with minor back and neck injuries, probably suffered from my body flailing around the cab of the rolling chopper. All of this is hearsay, cause i dont remember. Ive had 3 surgeries, Pelvis, knee and fore arm. and will need more later.

I got 76 stiches, over 50 to sew my ear and half my scalp back on. Apperantly only the pilot got a helmet. Anyway Im still kicking, hope to be out of the wheelchair and walking before christmas.

Well there you have it. Even big scum is not immune from falling out of the sky in a big pile of metal. You know where to leave your wellwishes or where you can make your appointments for assasination attempts (although I wouldn't even try, he proved pretty much that he is immortal...).

Glad you are still with us Bain. And Scum! Remember, ALWAYS wear that seatbelt when you're falling from the sky!

14 comments:

  1. Bain, it's way too early to meet anyone's maker just yet.! Glad you are alive and sort of kicking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good god, Bain. Glad you made it through! What a horrific experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes a great Halloween story though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I wrote in a msg. Cripes! Sure happy you are somewhat better. Wishes for a full return. Maybe you should try being a stuntman. A whole lot safer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and thus is a good tale and argument for remembering to wear your seatbelt! glad to hear back frum ya bain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know you're semi-ok.

    Incredible how three men can survive an helicopter crash but millions are killed by little, tiny-weeny, can't-even-see-the-bastards things like viruses... can survive the Titanic but then drown in a puddle...

    Like my father used to say :
    "When your time comes, your time has come, you'll go. Meanwhile, you'll only get hurt. But then again, pain is only proof that you're still alive."

    Say that your kids, see how they react to it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure your not Bruce Willis!! hope ya recover quickly and remember that 10 thousand dollar check you was gonna send before the crash =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Wishing you a speedy recovery. That is insane, glad you made it through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude! You get my sympathies and my respect after going through a tramatic ordeal such as that! And the worst part is all the pain & recovery you will be going through for the next several months...I feel for ya!

    Most importantly though, YOU are still awesome as you are back and safe now, maybe not with all the pieces, but then again do we ever have all of them? lol

    On behalf of The Endless, we wish you a speedy recovery and ALL of us are Extremely Happy to hear you made it back, Now let's hit the Battle Field!

    bEAnS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yayy ! The Endless is here !

    Bain, you got some major fan group. I'm jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... That is some tail!
    I'm deeply impressed that you are such a big scum, as to cheat death in a hand of poker!

    That's one crazy experience, I wish you all the best and as fast a recovery as possible!

    Pizzar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone for the support. I am very thankful to still be alive. The way I see it Pain only lasts so long, dead is forever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bain so very glad that this wasn't a worse story. Instead it is one of the best stories I have heard. I raise my mug to a speedy recovery (and Hot nurses)

    ReplyDelete